Effective Jan 1, 2015, purchase of downloaded products by customers in the EU will no longer be supported on this sight due to new VAT regulations. For EU customers, only products on physical media (books, CDs, DVDs, Frustums) can be purchased.
03/20/2017 - JUST RELEASED, A new version. Feasibility Report and SPP Project Costing Model included.
to view the Media Kit containing more information about it.
Design your first segmented project in 5 minutes with the Segmented Project Planner
Major Features of the Segmented Project Planner
Incline Angle, Volume)
Design Tools (Describe-A-Shape,
Reports (Project, Cut List, Turned Away, Turning)
Template Printers (Rings, Segments, Angles)
Significant Features in the Segmented Project Planner:
- Runs on all recent versions of Microsoft Windows including 98/Me/XP/NT/2000/Vista/Windows 7/8/8.1/10. Using Wine 1.3, even Linux is supported.
- If you set up a Windows environment on your Mac/iMac, the program will run there as well. See here for details.
- Use a simple starter shape to create your own vessel shape in 5 minutes. Use completed projects to make new starter shapes to use in future projects. Use the mouse to draw projects. Over 25 starter shapes provided.
- Project Report supports tailoring of content and color of individual columns. Tailoring saved as a part of a project file so each project can have its own tailoring. Color changes also apply to Grid display.
- Resizes to use the whole screen so you don't have to squint to see project details. Virtually all dialogs incorporate this resizability feature to help tired eyes.
- Base program provides feature ring design support for Diammonds, ZigZags, Mosaics, Open Segment, and Vertical Separaters.
- Segmented Scene designer supports 'whole project adornments'.
- Slicer designer supports slicing arbitrary patterns.
- Diamond Border designer supports slicing diamond figures, ala, Navaho blanket border pattern.
- Design Assistant provides multiple design cues to make it easier to design like a professional.
- Paint any segment with an image of your choice. 55 wood pictures provided for your use.
- Named Colors allow you to create and save color definitions; use them to paint/fill any segment of any project to see the effects of using contrasting woods.
- Segment Designs/Mosaics allow you to create compound segments composed of several material types.
- Create documentation for your project, complete with pictures, so you won't forget how you did it or what happened along the way
- Registered users get free upgrades.
- Supports English/Imperial (inches) and Metric (millimeters) units with automatic project conversion between chosen units
- Feature Size dialog helps to determine the maximum feature size by accounting for segment corner turnoff, inside visibility, and border material widths.
- Describe Shape dialog simplifies creating shapes from a picture, chart, or table.
- Shape-A-Bowl allows you to trace shapes from pictures/sketches. It's Sketch-A-Bowl on steroids!
- Help file system provides access to additional information for nearly every dialog.
- Shape Report creates a report that contains diameters and station points for a displayed shape. This is useful for both segmented and monolithic projects.
- Main screen and Layer Tuner dialogs include mouse-click transformation of a project/layer to compound miter, Ring Master, or frame miter style. Individual layer level access provided both in Edit and popup menus.
- Current Layer Details dialog provides display and print information about the current layer. The printed copy will be useful when designing feature ring items/adornments in graphic programs outside of the Segmented Project Planner
- Combine Layers function facilitates incorporating feature rings into project designs
- All project renderings draw project walls using Bezier curves for smooth and graceful project profiles
- Supports Ring Master projects
- Layer Tuner provides large-view drag-to-change with real-time view update to make the design process easier and more intuitive. "Trim to indicated outer wall" added to Layer Tuner so you can get a better idea of what the finished project will look like.
- Calculate side Incline Angles for compound miter or Ring Master situations
- Intelligent layer insertion anticipates your next layer size.
- Print full ring and/or segment templates to support open segment glue-ups and segment size checking
- Gallery View makes it easier to identify projects to work on next
- Resize your project just like a photograph
- Displays projects with staggered/half-lap or vertical segment alignment. Stagger 50% by default and arbitrary stagger by layer is supported
- AutoBowl function automatically translates outer bowl dimensions into layer diameters and segment widths to make design even easier than before.
- Copy Layers function quickly copies selected layer input parameters down through one or more layers for faster design.
- Export files are created whenever you print so you can use project data in other documents.
- Includes 17 free project plans you can use/modify for your own projects
- You can conveniently e-mail me from within the Segmented Project Planner. You can include a project file with your message making it easy for me to spot your difficulty and give you help on how to fix a problem
- Seven levels of zoom let you get really close and personal with the details of your project
- Supports frame miter, stave, solid, veneer and compound miter rings
- Calculates segment-cutting dimensions for any size ring with any number of sides so it won't limit what you can plan
- Calculates segment dimensions that take your personal accuracy into account so you don't have to worry about adding fudge factors
- Calculated dimensions are displayed in units that agree with your stated cutting accuracy
- Calculates the size of board needed to make each ring so you don't have to buy/cut more wood than you need
- Calculates board length to support either economy or grain matching cutting methods
- Displays top and side views of your project so you can see what's going on at every step of your design
- Displays overview or detail side views so you can use it to design the entire project
- Side view displays include wall placement in each layer
- Displays minimum wall thickness for the project so you can avoid walls that are too thin
- Enter dimensions in fractional or decimal inches (e.g. 10-1/2 or 10.5) or choose millimeters
- A project can have as many layers as desired so you won't be limited
- Prints full project specifics along with top & side views to a Windows compatible printer so you can take the output straight to the shop
- Calculates the cost of each project layer so you can see what your new project will take out of your pocket
- Extensive context sensitive help and on-line user manual so all questions are quickly answered.
- It's ambidextrous so you can perform most tasks with either the keyboard or the mouse
- Most menu options have hot-key shortcuts so program actions are a single keystroke away
- Incorporates Microsoft design guidelines for improved usability.
Still not convinced? Just give me a call. I'll answer all your questions.
Contact US: 3945 Skyfarm Drive || Santa Rosa, CA 95403-0395 || Phone: (805) 489-5309 || Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Page Last Updated: 4/14/2017